Thursday 8 May 2014

final movie poster.

 My poster was heavily influenced by the Shutter Island movie poster, which features the main character holding a flame, as does my main character in my poster. I chose this image as it looks skeletal, and i feel it reflects the title well. I like that the flame illuminates the face, yet hides it at the same time, so it is unclear as to who it is.

I feel that the tagline goes with the title and image well. It has various connotations with "defaced" such as who or what is getting defaced, why, and how the person in the image is related to it. the tagline plays on the plot of the film, and doesnt reveal to much on who or what is the threat.

We created our title in photoshop, as it is unique to this film. We were able to create a blood dripping effect, which depicts the idea of being "defaced" well and clearly defines the horror genre.
I featured promotional devices using social networking sites, and put the logo for facebook and twitter onto the poster, and a hastag. I also added a website called "www.defacedthemovie.com" as an addition advertisement.
We chose for our release date to be in october, as Halloween is during this month, which would entice our target audience further, into wanting to watch a horror film at this paticular time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment